bpeforarts | ListenUp
Workshop Day Friday, October 27
What Are ArtS Days?
- In addition to Bridge Point's wonderful regular art and music programs, we have bpeforarts - an arts and culture outreach initiative designed to foster, nurture and inspire our young people to take a lifelong interest in the arts.
- October has become BPE's arts awareness month during which we 'blitz' our students with all things art including, WOW statements around campus, a 5th grade arts ambassadors program and most importantly, three back to back 1/2 days that include live performances on 2 of the days and then 1 day of hands-on workshops.
- This year's theme is bpeforarts | ListenUp - focusing on music-related arts.
When are Arts Days?
- October 25, 26, 27 (each of these days are 1/2 days due to parent-teacher conferences.)
- FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27 (workshop day) requires lots of parent volunteers!
- bpeforarts is celebrating it's 6th year and we are looking forward to your support so we may continue this exciting enrichment endeavor. It takes a village!
How can I get involved?
- We need 3 volunteer to lead/assistant in our workshop presentations to each homeroom on Friday, October 27th between 8 am - noon. You can sign up now for your child's class!
- There will be a meeting in early October to provide you with all the guidance you need to lead or assist with the workshops.
- We also need volunteers to help prepare materials and set up classrooms in the days before Arts Day if you are able to give time in that way.
"If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him." John F. Kennedy